Best Places to Travel
There is no single answer to the question of where are the best places to travel on vacation. The first question to ask is not what place to go but instead what kind of traveler are you?
What Kind of Traveler Are You?
* Are you a Phileas Fogg? Are you a world traveler who measures success by the number of countries visited?
* Are you a Robinson Curuso? Do you enjoy the out of the way and off the beaten path?
* Are you a Geoffery Chaucer? Is the trip more about the people you travel with than the destination?
* Are you a Henry David Thoreau? Is your ideal vacation just a quiet place near home?
There are many different traveling styles or different goals for travel.
* You can travel to get away from it all.
* You can travel to learn about a new culture.
* You can travel to party.
* You can travel to reconnect with family and friends.
* You can travel for adventure.
What is Your Travel Style / Budget?
Some people would rather stay home than stay any place that did not have 5 stars. Others could not imagine staying in any place more fancy than a youth hostel. Some who would love to stay at the fancy resort can’t afford to.
Before you travel you need to figure out your travel bajatraveler and style. What kind of style you like will help determine where you can afford to travel and for how long. My wife and I planned a trip to Hawaii before our first child was born. After looking at our budget we had to decide that a road trip to San Diego would be a better option.
One if by Land, Two if By Sea… Three if By Air?
Do you like road trips? If so how about an domestic itinerary. If you like the outdoors or history you could visit national parks. If you like sports consider a tour of major or minor league ballparks. If you like big city lights would a trip to New York, Chicago or Las Vegas be within your range?